Friday, May 13, 2005

No Life At Ngee Ann

You may have noticed that the name of this blog is becoming a misnomer, since I haven't been writing very much about life at Ngee Ann Poly. The reason is simple - this is the vacation period (in Ngee Ann at least), where nothing much happens. I'm sure there are isolated activities in isolated corners which I could write about, if only I was there to observe. Probably not, since if I were there, the most interesting activities would probably grind to a halt...

But yes, just the other day I was near the Sports Complex when I heard some screaming. Sounded like screaming to me anyway, but it was really a bunch new students trying to cheer, I suppose. I think they call that orientation.

During orientation, the subjects are said to be having fun. Maybe it's me, but I never understood their idea of fun. Is burying my face in flour fun? Is crawling through a wet sewer fun? Is trying to squeeze through a ridiculous spider web contraption fun? I can see that it could be fun for the sadistic seniors who planned the "games", or fun for those with repressed masochistic tendencies, or very fun for some guys who think that it's a fine opportunity to get close and oh goody even touch that cute girl as part of the game...

Anyway, this is supposed to be a short explanation why my posts haven't been on Ngee Ann. So now you understand.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home