Saturday, March 19, 2005

Thinking about Toilets and Tae Kwon Do

I was at the sports complex one evening when I heard nature calling.

Most of us learn early in life that when nature starts calling, you'd better do something about it soon, for when nature starts screaming, things can get quite uncomfortable.

So naturally, I went to the nearest toilet.

In a recent post, Jason Kottke talked about some "new reseach" findings:

Some new research is showing that the number of things humans can hold in our heads while solving problems is fairly small, three or four things at the most.


I kinda like his blog, but I was mildly irritated because this is hardly new research - I already knew the stuff in the article he quoted a long time back. Maybe I'm missing something.

But where was I?

Ah yes, the toilet. I must have been thinking about something else.

Anyway, my thoughts were violently violated when I turned the corner. Standing there was a girl wearing her tae kwon do uniform.

What is she doing in the gents???

For some reason, I was actually quite offended initially, and I almost wanted to say to her, "excuse me, but what are you doing here??"

But I quickly decided against it, since she probably was there by mistake, and there was no need to embarrass her, especially since she was only partially dressed. Besides, she might even think that I was the one in the wrong toilet, and may start screaming or worse, start tae-kwon-doing me. So I quietly turned back. I'll just stand outside the toilet and wait for her to finish like the true gentleman that I am *ahem*, and keep other guys from coming in.



I noticed something about the door as I was walking out.

No Pricks Allowed
No pricks allowed.


I almost died.

I scanned the area outside. Thank heavens no one was looking.

Peter and Paul
Except Peter and Paul, but they're ok.


I quickly dived into the other door.

The Ying and the Yang
The ying and the yang.


I think I should think less the next time nature calls.

P.S. No, I don't think it has anything to do with my feminine side calling me home (to the toilet). Remember, I am 110% male.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home