Monday, February 21, 2005

Face the Truth

This post will prove to be an important milestone in the short history of this blog, as I will be making some unprecedented moves to counter the regrettable rumours that have been going on for way too long.

But as mentioned in a previous post ("Busting Bogus Beliefs"), I understand that some will still cling tenaciously to their mistaken beliefs, but I feel that that shouldn't stop me from clearing all doubts and suspicions from the minds of the majority who are willing to yield to evidence.

In this post, I shall present - the evidence.

I hope I don't regret this.

Here goes.

* * *

I've said a number of times that I look like Wo-Hen, better known as Asian Prince.

Wo-Hen Nankan, Asian Prince

I personally find him to be a fine specimen of manhood, although I understand that your tastes may be different.

And thus, in my own eyes, I feel that I'm not too bad-looking myself. The only difference is that he has a beautifully manicured moustache, while I don't.

Asian Prince Shaved

Talk about an uncanny resemblance! That's almost identical to what I see in the mirror every day.

Except for those lovely locks, which I unfortunately lack. That hairdo may be suitable for royalty like Wo-Hen, but it's far too inconvenient for someone with a (relatively) active lifestyle like mine.

Thankfully, it's not too difficult to find someone on the internet who has a similar hairstyle like mine. It's even easier if that person is a celebrity.

Steven Lim

Yup, that's Steven Lim, the real Singapore Idol, as far as I'm concerned (sorry Taufik). He's holding what I believe to be an instrument for plucking eyebrows (ladies, correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyway, I've got his hairstyle, and coincidentally, the rest of my torso looks like his too.

With Wo-Hen's face (sans moustache) and Steven's hairdo and body, what do you get?

Yup.

You get me. Calm One.

Calm One

I look calm, don't I? Now you understand why I call myself the Calm One.

Now tell me, do I even look like Jay Chou?

For those of you who don't know how Jay Chou looks like, here's his picture for your convenience.

Jay Chou

With so many chicks after him, I don't understand why he looks so unhappy.

Jay Chou Smiling

Ah, that's much better.

Tell me honestly - do I look like Jay Chou?
(Model answer: Not at all!)

* * *

I offer my sincere apologies to anyone who is upset or disappointed after seeing my pictures. But would you rather I show you the ugly truth, or pretend that I do look like Jay Chou? (Don't answer!)

Ah well, now that the truth is out, if you see me at the Ngee Ann library, do say "hi" to me ok? Or at the very least, hand over the latest New Scientist if you happen to be holding on to it.

P.S. Cheeky "really resembles Jay Chou a lot, but only on Tuesday and Thursday." Jay Chou fans, go stalk him and let me rest in peace.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home