Tuesday, December 14, 2004

No More or Amore

I decided to drop by the NP atrium just now, as they are having some kind of bazaar organised by the School of Business and Accountancy (BA) for both today and tomorrow.

It's a pretty small affair, with less than 10 stalls. But since the stall holders are all from BA, you can expect a lot of girls.

I decided to take a look.

The first shop I went by was an M1 shop. Nah, I don't need a new phoneline thank you.

Tupperware? It's okay, I already have a schoolbag thank you. Yes I know my schoolbag is not water and airtight, but it's really okay.

The Eco-Adventures tour people ignored me. So I don't look adventurous? Fine.

Singapore Mint? Pay money to buy money? I don't think so...

Andersen's of Denmark Ice Cream? I'll think about it...

I continued to the next stall. Amore fitness. A cute girl smiles at me. I must have blushed. And I couldn't think of an excuse to enquire about Amore fitness services...

I wanted to hang around the area for some reason, but there really wasn't much interesting there. Nothing much interesting to buy (but lots to see of course). Maybe I could get some ice-cream.

I went back to the ice-cream stall. $3.90 for an ice-cream. That's more than the Japanese food that bankrupted me. Well, let's not be so hard on myself; a bit of pampering every now and then wouldn't hurt, would it? Plus those girls at the counter are just longing for me to go to them, right?

The multi-pronged temptation was too great to resist, and I found myself drawn to the ice-cream counter.

"What would you like?" said one of the girls cheerily.

"I'll have Belgium chocolate please, single scoop." Double scoop would set me back by 5 bucks.

"Would you like a double-scoop? It's only 5 dollars..."

"No thank you..."

"It's very cheap compared to the single-scoop you know?"

"I know, but I don't wanna get fat," then pointing to the Amore fitness stall, "otherwise I'll have to spend money there too."

She laughed at my lame attempt at humour.

"What toppings would you like?"

"Is it free?"

I suddenly felt really cheap. Luckily I wasn't plannng on dating her.

"Yes it is. We have walnut, whipped cream,..." she named the rest.

"Okay I'll have the walnut."

When the ice-cream came, it had almonds on it. Evidently she didn't know much about nuts.

But the ice-cream was really great.

I even forgot about the girl who smiled at me.


I should buy more ice-cream tomorrow.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home