Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Singapore BloggerCon?

I have been following BloggerCon 3. BloggerCon is basically just a conference for bloggers to talk about blogging and meet other bloggers, including the high-profile one. There have been 3 BloggerCons held in the US since last year, and one in Shanghai. I was just wondering - wouldn't it be nice if we could have a Singapore BloggerCon as well?

Imagine, we could have high-profile locally-based bloggers such as Xiaxue, Mr Brown, Mr Miyagi, Adri (Popagandhi), and others I've missed out (such as those listed here) to grace the event. Lesser bloggers like myself and others could use the opportunity to get to meet other bloggers (who are likely to be interesting people) in person.

It seems like I'm not the only one with this idea. Here's what I found on Preetamrai's blog:

I have been downloading the Bloggercon3 podcasts from the IT Conversations web.

The Shanghai guys organised a bloggercon earlier this year. We have been seeing some interesting writing in Singapore blogs too. Time to organise a Singapore bloggercon?

Any ideas?


I wonder what you think. Should we, the bloggers in Singapore, organise a Singapore BloggerCon?

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home