Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Studying in the Library

I was at the library just now, trying to read something. Not too far from where I was sitting was a group of 3 guys and 3 girls studying. They were supposed to be studying anyway, but they were yabbing away. Yabbing about that funny thing that happened the other day to this other classmate which was so funny that we need to talk and laugh about it. And yes this other incident where I was with this other person and we did these things that were so wow that I just have to tell all of you about it. Oh yeah we're supposed to be studying. Studying. Oh yeah did you guys know what happened to this other guy his girl? There is no way you guys will ever forgive me if I don't tell...

How do these people study anyway? There's just no way I could study in a group. I don't think it's because I'm antisocial (which I certainly am), but maybe it's because I don't believe in doing tutorials or studying consistently, so I can't afford to be distracted if I want to start studying 3 days before the paper, and still get a decent grade.

Or maybe they're just smarter than me, and I'm jealous.

3 Comments:

Blogger catatonic said...

I prefer to study in groups :) but of course, it's with ppl whom i know will study and not turn it into an afternoon tete-a-tete.

Don't worry!! I'm not wearing that dress to school, its for my brother's wedding :) Good luck for your exams!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Ivan Chew said...

I remember when I was doing my MSc course, one thing I looked forward to was the (so-called) Revision Sessions I had with a few buddies from my class. We were supposed to study but we often used such sessions to just chat, and snack. Then maybe we'd use the last 30mins to actually revise. Come to think of it, I think the chat sessions helped to calm exam nerves more than anything else.

10:18 PM  
Blogger calm one said...

Education can be seen as a social activity, so I guess studying in groups help in that regard =)

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home