Thursday, October 28, 2004

Of Mahjong and Models

"Wanna play mahjong?"

I was absolutely stunned. She was asking me to join her for a game of mahjong? That's totally beyond my wildest and wettest dreams.

You see, she's this gorgeous model and I've only been able to admire her from afar since we don't know each other and we're not even from the same course. I just happened to be standing outside her class that day when she and her girlfriend stepped out and walked a few paces in quiet discussion before she turned back with that strange question.

"Where?"

That was all I could manage, since it seemed rather absurd to be playing mahjong in school, and I didn't think she could fit the mahjong tiles in her dainty handbag.

"At my place," she replied, smiling sweetly.

"Actually I don't know how to play mahjong."

Honesty is the best policy, they say.

"Oh well nevermind then," her smile barely masking her disappointment, before turing away with her friend.

I was still standing there completely bewildered when my friend who witnessed the whole scene from a distance appeared beside me.

"What happened?!?!" he demanded breathlessly. When a gorgeous babe talks to your friend out of the blue like that, you're definitely gonna be concerned.

I told him everything.

"You @#$% idiot! You should have said that you know how to play!"

"But I can't lie to her like that!"

"Then you should have told her that you got a friend who can play mahjong!"

"First, I didn't see you; second, I didn't know that you play mahjong; and third, she didn't ask you - she asked me."

He could only counter my watertight logic with disgusted grunts.

"Then you should have asked her to teach you!"

Hmmm... why didn't I think of that?

"Well, actually I've got other things to do too..."

Although that was technically true, it was really a face-saving measure.

Oh well. The next time a babe asks me to play mahjong, I'll know what to say.

10 Comments:

Blogger Zen|th said...

Awww. That was a wasted opportunity man. Maybe you should pick up the game, then next time you can ask to over to YOUR place to play. Haha..

3:17 PM  
Blogger Bubblemunche said...

Damn! That's a waste :P....

11:27 AM  
Blogger Yiling said...

harlow..side tracking.. but how did u get to my blog??

7:44 PM  
Blogger calm one said...

Yiling: my reply is on your tagboard =)

9:53 AM  
Blogger calm one said...

Zen|th & Bubblemunche: a waste? I see it as a lesson learnt. No use crying over spilt milk =)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Bubblemunche said...

You're very, er, calm ;)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Indian Stallion said...

Well next time suggest something else instead lah. But all is not lost. She obviously been noticing you, just ask her out to kopi or movie sometime. But dun wait too long hor.

12:25 AM  
Blogger calm one said...

Indian Stallion: Difficult lah. She's always with friends... easier if the was alone.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Indian Stallion said...

Dude it don't matter, make a move soon. Otherwise next time as you lay in bed looking at your gay partner beside you at least you will not wonder "what would have happened if I had asked her?"....learn from my mistakes ah.

2:41 AM  
Blogger calm one said...

Stallion: YOUR mistake? *cough* anyway I'm not THAT desperate =)

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home